[Hazard notice] Monash - Network infrastructure maintenance window (Friday 27th Nov)
As part of the Network capability uplift within MeRC(Monash eResearch Centre), a maintenance window is planned to upgrade the backbone infrastructure.
The main benefits of this upgrade will be:
- Additional redundancy within the 'core' tier of the network
- An upgrade in port speed from 10/40G to 100G and therefore bandwidth through the backbone
- Consistency in the network design and architecture across the DC and Core of the network
- A topology that lends itself to the addition of future security appliances
- Continued integration with our centrally managed automation systems
Planned Start: 15:00 , Friday, 27th Nov 2020 (AEDT)
Planned Finish: 23:00 , Friday, 27th Nov 2020 (AEDT)
Total : 8 hrs
All platforms including research cloud in the MeRN(Monash eResearch Network) data centre to the Monash University Corporate data centre may experience a 1-2sec interruption as traffic is adjusted.
Instruments at the building in Clayton campus connected to MeRN will experience two interruptions
1-2sec between 3pm-4pm
1hr or so between 6pm-7pm due to the physical migration effort
Within AZ or intra AZs(monash-01, monash-02, monash-03) or connection to/from external network(for example: google or other sites in Nectar) is not affected with this change.
Due to some ACL issue, the change was rolled back
There were no interruption observed at Monash Research Cloud.