[Hazard notice] Monash - Network infrastructure maintenance window (Friday 11th Dec)
As part of the Network capability uplift within MeRC(Monash eResearch Centre), a maintenance window is planned to upgrade the backbone infrastructure.
The main benefits of this upgrade will be:
- Additional redundancy within the 'core' tier of the network
- An upgrade in port speed from 10/40G to 100G and therefore bandwidth through the backbone
- Consistency in the network design and architecture across the DC and Core of the network
- A topology that lends itself to the addition of future security appliances
- Continued integration with our centrally managed automation systems
Planned Start: 12:00 , Friday, 11th Dec 2020 (AEDT)
Planned Finish: 22:00 , Friday, 11th Dec 2020 (AEDT)
Total : 10 hrs
All platforms including research cloud in the MeRN(Monash eResearch Network) data centre to the Monash University Corporate data centre may experience a 1-2sec interruption as traffic is adjusted.
Instruments at the building in Clayton campus connected to MeRN will experience two interruptions
1-2sec between 3pm-4pm
1hr or so between 2:30pm-3:30pm due to the physical migration effort
Within AZ or intra AZs(monash-01, monash-02, monash-03) or connection to/from external network(for example: google or other sites in Nectar) is not affected with this change.