[Hazard notice] Reboots to some instances in TPAC/Tasmanian Nectar zones.
Due to a number of changes being made to modernise infrastructure at the TPAC Nectar node there will be a series of hazard windows affecting all cells. During the outage windows specified below instances may be rebooted or lose network connectivity for a period of time.
- Instances in tasmania-s availability zone will be rebooted; expected outage length is less than one hour
- Instances in tasmania-02 availability zone may be rebooted; expected outage length is less than one hour
- Instances in tasmania availability zone may be rebooted; expected outage length is less than one hour
8 February (2022)
- All instances with Advanced Networking will be unavailable for the day.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused however these restarts are required to enable further service improvements.
At this stage the overwhelming majority of user instances have been moved and we expect very little by way of disruption to most projects during the next couple of days.
The remaining instances to be changed fall in to two main categories:
* Projects who organised outage windows with us in advance
* Users of our GPU service
We are also aware some of our restarts took longer than expected and some user instances may have wound up in an incorrect state (ie, powered off instead of on). We apologise for this and assure projects if they wish to start their Nectar instances again they are welcome to do so.
A belated update: tasmania-02 instances were migrated on the scheduled day.
Instance restarts in tasmania-s have been completed.