If you are moving institution to a member organization of Nectar, your AAF account (email address), which is used to login to Nectar Cloud Dashboard, will change. In this case, a new AAF account will be created for your new organization and the old AAF account will be deactivated. If you want to keep both old and new AAF accounts , you will end up in two seperate Research Cloud accounts. In this case, nothing will change for your old account and you can continue to login.
If you would like to use existing allocations associated with your old AAF account in Nectar Research Cloud, you need to contact Nectar HelpDesk to link your new AAF account to your exisitng Nectar allocations. Contact Nectar help desk by submitting a ticket at https://support.ehelp.edu.au/support/home. When submitting a ticket to transfer your account, you need to include the following things:
1) Your old AAF account (email address)
2) Your new AAF account (email address)
3) Specify which allocations you want to transfer or simply transfer all allocations
4) You may also specify what roles in each allocation you want to retain
5) You can include some specific requirements, such as:
- You want or need to maintain separate Nectar accounts corresponding to their roles at different institutions.
- You have two AAF identities at the same institution, and want them to access the same Nectar account.
- If you have "Member" role in an allocation, You can ask your project's Tenant Manger to authorize and implement role transfers.
- You need to login to the Nectar research cloud using your new AAF acount before the account transfer. A new Research Cloud Account will only be created after your first login.
- Nectar Helpdesk staff may also contact you during the account transfer.
What will happen
A few things will change after your account has been transfered:
- You will have your PT (Project Trial) transfered to your new account, if your PT is not expired.
- You will have a Nectar account associated with your new AAF account.
- All Nectar Cloud emails will be sent to your email address at the new institution
- All allocation requests are transfered to your new account
- Your roles in allocations are transfered
- If you are the Allocation Contact, this will be updated