[Hazard Notice] Network Disruptions for all Melbourne zones February 2-3, 2019
- Services affected: Resources in Melbourne zones of Research Cloud
- Disruption Window: 2019-02-02 09:00 to 2019-02-03 15:00 AEDT
- Disruption Length: up to 15 minutes of no external access to and from the cloud instances
- Affected Availability Zones: melbourne-np, melbourne-qh2, melbourne-qh2-uom
Users of the Research Cloud in all three Melbourne zones are advised that the University of Melbourne Network team are planning to perform the hardware replacement and software upgrade of our data centre distribution routers as approved by the Change Advisory Board (CHG0052353 and CHG0051348). This maintenance is essential for the University, and we will benefit from this as it is needed for us to deploy the new cloud compute nodes bought at the end of last year. The change windows are:
- Noble Park Data Centre: Saturday 2019-02-02 09:00 to 15:00
- Queensberry St Data Centre: Sunday 2019-02-03 09:00 to 15:00
During these change windows, there will be up to 15 minutes of network disruptions for external access to and from your instances. The instances themselves and attached storage volumes will remain up and running. You will also be unable to use the dashboard, CLI or API access during those windows.
Please contact us at email@example.com or call the extension x40999 if you require support and advice for your cloud instances, in relation to these scheduled network disruptions.