[Hazard Notice] Network upgrade May 4-5, 2019
- Services affected: Dashboard, API, Resources in Melbourne zones of Research Cloud
- Disruption Windows: 2019-05-04 18:00 to 2019-02-05 00:00 AEST & 2019-05-05 08:00 to 2019-02-05 22:00 AEST
- Disruption Length: No network outage is expected. But the upgrade affects Core/Border routers which enable external access to and from the cloud instances as well as external access to the Dashboard and API.
- Affected Availability Zones: melbourne-qh2, melbourne-qh2-uom
Users of the Research Cloud are advised that the University of Melbourne Network team are planning to perform a software upgrade of our data centre core routers as approved by the Change Advisory Board (CHG0086695).
Saturday 2019-05-04 18:00 to 23:59
Sunday 2019-02-05 08:00 to 22:00
During these change windows, no network outage is expected but there is some risk of brief network interruptions for external access to and from your instances as well as access to the Dashboard and API. The instances themselves and attached storage volumes will remain up and running.
Please contact us at:
- firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- email@example.com or call the extension x40999 for cloud instances,
if you require support and advice in relation to this hazard notice.