Terms of Service
By signing into or otherwise using the Service, you agree to the terms of this Service Schedule and ARDC's Standard Terms of Service.
User means any end user of the Service.
The ARDC Nectar BinderHub Service is a customised instance of the BinderHub application that is hosted on the ARDC Nectar Research Cloud and managed by the ARDC Nectar Research Cloud team.
There is no maximum time limit to use the service however your session will be terminated after a certain time of inactivity.
Use of Services
- have an Australian Access Federation (AAF) account and be a student or employee of, or a collaborator with, an Australian research institution; and
- use the Service only for research purposes, or for related purposes as approved by ARDC or a Node.
- are responsible for maintaining and configuring any notebooks or software installed, and for backup of their data and configuration;
- must comply with the Australian Code for the Responsible Conduct of Research in connection with their use of the Service;
- must not provide credentials to a third party and are responsible for any use of the Services with their credentials; and
- must notify Nectar Research Cloud support immediately if they notice any breach of security or unauthorised use of their allocation or user account.
- attribute ownership of the Service to ARDC when using the Service in accordance with ARDC's Attribution and Acknowledgement Guidelines; and
- do all things reasonably necessary to preserve the integrity and security of the Service and to protect the Service from any modification, defacement or disparaging treatment.
Expiry, Suspension, or Termination
- If you are not actively using the service, ARDC reserves the right to terminate your running session and clean up any associated data from that session.
- At any time prior to the expiry of the Term, ARDC may:
- limit, attenuate, suspend or terminate Users' use of the Service at its discretion and without notice; or
- immediately remove any material on the Service (including any virtual environment Users create or contribute to) in any of the following circumstances:
- inappropriate use of the Services (including any use that breaches this agreement);
- a detected vulnerability or compromise in the security of the Services;
- a request or direction by a law enforcement agency; or
- ARDC reasonably determines that there is an operational need for the content to be removed.